Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Cured !!!!!!!!!!!!

Cured. What a fabulous word. My new favorite verb. Dr. Mounger, Dr. Hatcher's partner who set up the robotic surgery for him and assisted came to do rounds this morning and said I'd go home around 2pm today. He said it would take about a week for the pathology report. Dr. Hatcher told Judy after the surgery that everything looked clean, took a few nodes for biopsy, didn't see any obvious cancer spread. Then just before discharge Dr. Mounger called the hospital room at St. Mary's and told Judy that the pathology report was in (maybe some special treatment for a doctor?) and there was no cancer in the nodes or outside the capsule and that my cancer is cured. Surreal. I am in shock. I'll write more later. Love and thanks to all those who care about me and prayed for me. It worked! I have taken one pain pill yesterday, none today. Hard to believe I've had major surgery.
Lane